No, this is not a de-motivational poster.
I discuss time management a lot, and I realized something important.
I just can’t “do it all”. No matter what society tells me. No matter what society expects of me.
Sure Sheryl Sandberg wants us to “Lean In”, but I can almost guarantee she has never had to figure out how to pick up her child from dance class, get laundry done, and make sure dinner is on the table.
I guess this really hit home as I was looking at the list of writing projects I want to achieve, what I have achieved this year, and even where I have failed.
- I will publish Knight of Valor this year.
- I will publish A Knight’s Redemption within 6 months of Knight of Valor
- I finished Leikar and Annabelle’s first draft
- I will finish Rohan and Makayla’s first draft
- I completed a third revision of A Knight’s Second Chance
- I will complete a fourth revision of A Knight’s Second Chance
There will still be a few months left in the year for me to complete my other goals of:
- Writing a third first draft novel
- The really hard first-second draft revision of Rita (name may change) and Logan
Deadlines. They seem to go whooshing by.
Areas to Focus on
- Accepting that creative endeavors are not the same as corporate finance. I am understanding a little better why we’re still waiting for Winds of Winter.
- Accepting that I might have had unrealistic expectations for myself. Because that never happens…
All in, I am happy with the way the first half of this year went, but writing down goals put a little more stress on me than I was anticipating. Still, I think it has really helped me to focus and shown me how much I do accomplish.