If I ever get a call from the FBI, not sure I’d be entirely surprised. Over the course of the last 13 weeks, I have Googled some pretty interesting things:
- Stab wounds – severity, and length of time to heal (I also learned that it is actually pretty hard to stab someone to death. Doable, but not for the amateur).
- Gus shot wounds
- Arrow wounds
- Chest wounds- which led to
- Sucking chest wounds and how to treat them differently
- Effects of blood loss
- Aortic regurgitation
- How long germs live outside the body
- How fast a bear runs
- Vampire castles
- Middle Ages city planning
- Planting seasons
Interesting as I mostly write Romantic Fiction.
I find a learn a lot on these Google missions, and sometimes, I spend far more time delving into the details than I ought. I lie to myself and say it makes the story better.
It doesn’t, because really, how many people know or care that a Grizzly bear can sprint 50 yards in 3 seconds (which is 40 MPH) and a polar bear can lope along at 25 MPH? No one, but hey, I learned why they say to play dead with a bear because there is no way my desk jockey legs are going to outrun them.